100 Prince George Icons
Previous Next

Eagle Lake Sawmill Fly Wheel


The plaque on this flywheel located in the park near the entrance to The Exploration Place reads:

This 16 foot diameter flywheel was installed by Eagle Lake Sawmills at Giscome, B.C., sometime prior to 1928. Drive by a "Corliss" steam engine, it used a 30 inch wide 3-ply leather belt to drive the entire mill, from the jackladder to the greenchain, until 1965, when the mill updated to electric power.



Return