Courtesy The Exploration PlaceClick to enlarge
Irene Jordan’s piano
Irene Jordan operated a brothel in South Fort George in the early 1900's. One of her houses was rented by Prince George's first mayor, W.G. Gillett to be the Prince George City Hall. A public outcry erupted and local newspaper editors had a grand time making jokes about this arrangement, until the City Council moved into a new City Hall.