100 Prince George Icons
Previous Next

Munro/Moffat House


This log house at 153 North Moffat Street was built in 1914-15. Log buildings were common around Prince George but most urban houses were frame construction because sawmills were part of our City's history from the early days.

The house was built for John Munro who later became manager of the Bank of Montreal. The house was purchased by Alex B. Moffat in 1920 who founded Northern Hardware with partner Frank Whitmore in 1919.



Return