< Back to All
Making Connections to Classify
In Making Connections to Classify, students will investigate scientific classification of organisms into kingdoms (plants, animals, and fungi), while they discover how simple computer models (neural networks) use artificial intelligence to classify data.
- Length: 50 minutes
- Cost: Free
This workshop explores the classification of organisms as students work towards creating and testing a neural network model to perform the classifications. Students will consider benefits and limitations to classification methods.
- Grade 3/4 Science – Scientific Classification of the Natural World
- Grade 3/4 Career Education – Cultural & Social Awareness
- Many curricular competencies from Science and ADST are incorporated.
- Each student will need a laptop/desktop with internet access, with a webpage open at menti.com –Tablets (eg. iPads) do not work with this workshop activity.
- 9:30AM, 11:00AM, 1:30PM
Required Post-workshop Survey
- You will be required to complete a demographic survey upon completion of this workshop. For more information about why we are collecting this information, visit Science World’s Tech-Up page.